Dear Qinghua,

> OK, i got the idea that if the registration picture looks fine, i
> shouldn't need to worry a bout that warning.
> but i am really curious if it's true that in version 4.1.4 they just
> hide those warnings, and in 4.1.5 they just show that? that make
> sense when i was using the same design (no change at all), but get
> different log files in those warnings, but all others are the same.

the messages have never been hidden (though I probably will hide them
in the future since they cause people to much distress).

There may be several reasons why you see them now on data where
previously you didn't. There are constantly little tweaks and fixes
done to fnirt, so it wouldn't be identical in both releases.

I sometimes see these messages when fnirt is "too close" to the
"solution" for some level. The derivatives have pretty much
disappeared. That means that a change that helps fnirt converge in
fewer iterations (I know I have made a few of those) could potentially
lead to this warning being printed for the last iteration/iterations.

The important thing to know is that fnirt never "ends" on one of these
bad notes. It always adjusts the matrix until the problem is
sufficiently well conditioned before it takes a step.

Hope that helps.

Jesper