Hi,

This is due to the use of sinc interpolation in applyxfm4D.
There is usually some ringing associated with sinc interpolation
near sharp boundaries.  If you do not wish to modify the sinc
interpolation
then you can simply apply a single affine matrix to a 4D dataset
using flirt directly as:
   flirt -applyxfm -init example_func2standard.mat -ref standard -in $
{func_name} -out ${func_name}_2std -interp trilinear

or replace -interp trilinear with -interp sinc -sincwindow X -
sincwidth Y
where X and Y can take various options - see the help for flirt.

Hope this helps.
All the best,
	Mark