From: Film-Philosophy Salon [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of bill harris [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 10:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Remakes

 'Sounds like the question might be nothng more than a generational paradigm.

In other words, it's not so much that different directors impose their own particular sensibilities as it is a common-sense tweeking to the expectations of new viewers. This, in essence, is how all commodities are milked for profit.

Also, f course, we have to consider 'difference' from the pov of new technology...

BH

> [...]
> >
> > Paul Sutton, Roehampton University
> > Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
> >
> > ________________________________
>
> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]
> Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html
> For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **

*
*