Werner Herzog's film "The Wild Blue Yonder" is a kind of meditation on the
very idea of space travel, with some discussion of technical and theoretical
dimensions.  He used Nasa footage and also interviews with Nasa scientists
(plus underwater footage from Antarctica) and constructed a quasi-science
fiction narrative around it.

For Time Travel, there's Cronocrimenes, or Time Crimes (not much physics in
there, though - I would say it's more about Freud).  There's also Primer,
that's probably more serious in its treatment of engineering than physics
per se.

Pi, by Darren Aronofsky, deals with mathematics and also with physics.

Infinity stars Matthew Broderick as Richard Feynman.  I can't recall if they
do much with physics per se, but it's about a physicist.

A very fascinating documentary called "Wonders are Many" is about the
development of an opera based on the life of Robert Oppenheimer, and
explores intersections between physics, art and politics.

*
*
Film-Philosophy salon
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to
For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon
*
Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
Contact: [log in to unmask]
**