American History X is another film.

I know someone who enjoys sad films because it allows him to get in touch
with his own inner sadness, which is often out of reach. He feels more
peaceful as a result.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM, matt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  The best display of saddness/loss/upset was that film with Ben Kingsly
> playing an exiled Iranian General in the US. I forget the name, but he had
> just lost his son. I certainly didnt feel any pleasure in it though, i just
> thought "blimey ben, do you have to be such a brilliant actor"?
>
> Maybe a bit of a 4th wall breaking? i dont know.
>

> --
> Reality is the Wildest Fantasy

*
*
Film-Philosophy salon
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to
For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon
*
Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com
Contact: [log in to unmask]
**