Hi Bernard,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 08:21:22PM +0200, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Thanks for the historical background but I think you missed my point
> altogether, sorry I was not clear. I was not speaking about status *of* DCMI
> terms, but of having a property defined in DCMI namespace such as
> *dcterms:status* :)

I understood your requirement to be that of saying that
certain terms in your Geonames ontology need to have a status
of quasi-obsolescence (i.e. quasi-deprecated) -- status *of*
Geonames terms.  And I thought you were surprised because
we didn't have a property in a DCMI namespace to express the
relation between such a term and its status (and by analogy,
of a DCMI term to a status).

My reply, in essence, said that we have long had a notion of
_document_ status (e.g., "DCMI Recommendation") but that we
never formalized that as an RDF property, nor did we extend
the notion of status to individual terms -- actually two
separate issues -- though perhaps we should.  Perhaps the point
is that we did not apply metadata recursively to the description
of the specification documents, in which case we would have needed
to coin a property for status.  I believe that was actually on
our radar screen at one point but not as a priority.

Would you like to propose one?  It does seem like an obvious
gap...

Tom