On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 09:03:19PM +0200, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Also btw I mentioned this draft of a draft on the SKOS list, but here it is
> again; http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/note.html ... curious if it
> could be useful to DCMI community.

This is interesting.  There are two issues, though:

-- a property to relate a resource to its status, such as the dcterms:status
   that Bernard was looking for

-- a set of corresponding status values

As the draft [1] acknowledges, the statuses could be modeled
using URI values rather than strings, which is what Bernard
(and I) are looking for.  As it is likely that "the exact
meaning of stable/unstable/testing/archaic will vary from
project to project," URIs could help sort that out.  Some URIs,
such as the status "DCMI Recommendation", would be completely
context-specific.

The property itself does seem like a pretty obvious piece of
low-hanging fruit...

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/note.html

--