Apologies for cross-posting

*********************

The Policy Press has just published a new book: Injustice: Why social inequality persists by Daniel Dorling. I am sure that it will be of interest to members of this list.

An interview with Daniel Dorling in Guardian Society introduces him as “an expert on health and social inequalities” who takes apart “seemingly impenetrable statistics and us[es] them to shine a light on some of the starkest wealth and health disparities around the UK and globally.” They describe the book as part “an impassioned call to action” and part “academic text”, where “Dorling's adept handling of the vast body of evidence manages to keep it firmly anchored.”  The book was also featured in the Daily Mail and London Evening Standard.

In this timely book, Dorling claims that in rich countries inequality is now caused by unacknowledged beliefs which propagate it. Hard-hitting and uncompromising in its call to action, this is essential reading for everyone concerned with social justice. Additional online resources include data tables, a sample chapter and an extended bibliography.

Daniel Dorling was featured on the BBC London News on 21st April with a piece focusing on income inequality in London; you can watch the clip here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8636000/8636022.stm. Also, you can listen again to an interview with the author on Thinking Allowed on BBC Radio 4.

Beliefs which serve privilege, elitism and inequality infect our minds like computer viruses. But now Dorling provides the brain-cleaning software we need to begin creating a happier society." Richard Wilkinson, Emeritus Professor of Social Epidemiology and co-author of 'The Spirit Level'

"His attack on elitism and despair is impressive, his factual evidence undeniable." Rt Hon David Blunkett MP

It is currently available on our website with a 30% discount, for more information please see: http://www.policypress.co.uk/display.asp?K=9781847424266.

With best wishes,

Claire

Claire Sollars, Marketing Executive

The Policy Press, Fourth Floor, Beacon House, Queen's Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU

t: +44 (0)117 331 4054

f: +44 (0)117 331 4093

w: www.policypress.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter and visit our blog

PS. Please consider the environment before printing this email