Some might be interested in the following new book:

Human Life Matters: The Ecology of Sustainable Human Living vs. the Rule of the Barbarians

Authored by Dr. Katie Thomas

This text explores how we can reverse the empowerment of those who value aggressive competitive behaviour so that those in power have human wellbeing as the guiding principle they use for decision making. It challenges the brutalization of children currently occurring under the umbrella of socialization and misnomer of care in many cultures and highlights the existence of innumerable alternative ways of being far more amenable to human and global advancement. Addressing barbaric infiltration of ourselves, our intimate relationships and our cultures can enable quantum, transformative human change. One of the aims of the book is to encourage wider, and deeper, conversation about the nature of justice and about approaches that can transform the vast global imbalances we face. Caring alliance, effective resistance, radical thought and transformative behaviour, made on behalf of the defenceless and the voiceless, can effect global cultural change. The book concludes with easy things the average person can do to foster, and support, human dignity as the foundation for all global, national, local and individual decision making.

Publication Date: Apr 26 2010
ISBN/EAN13: 1452811741 / 9781452811741
Page Count: 248
Binding Type: US Trade Paper
Trim Size: 6" x 9"
Language: English
Color: Black and White
Related Categories: Body, Mind & Spirit / New Thought

The book is being published through two outlets which means that it will be available in bookstores mid-December but, if you would like to see, or get, a copy in the interim, just click this link:
www.createspace.com/3447273 and it will be available on Amazon in June.
___________________________________
The Community Psychology List has a new website/blog at:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/
There is a threaded discussion forum:
http://www.communitypsychology.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
There is a twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK
To post on the website blog, forum or twitter feed, contact Grant or David at the email addresses below.
David Fryer ([log in to unmask]) or Grant Jeffrey ([log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK