Thanks to all who responded. 180 degrees flip of the problematic NAGs, did help.

> At the moment, there is no substitute for knowledge when building carbohydrates - it >would be a substantial improvement I think if someone added intelligent carbohydrate >validation tools into Coot.

If you have a poor density (which I guess, generally is the case for large glycoprotein structures) you have to depend on trial and error strategy to get the right NAG conformation. I don't know how other refinement programs handle this, but after Phenix.refinement run, one has to definitely check the geometry of the NAGs carefully.

Hope to see a validation tool for NAGs in Coot soon.

Tirumal