Hi,

MBP tag:
1.there might be a TEV cleavage site in your MBP variant.
2. your protein needs salt to stay in solution
3. your protein forms aggregates with MBP

GST tag:
you probably concentrate a protease together with your protein. You need
a protease inhibitor kit to take care of different types of proteases.

It looks like a His tag would be a better option for you.

Maia