Well, the original movie was reasonably well done.  But the made for TV
version is deeply rewarding, for all the wrong reasons, being "so bad, it's
good".

SPOILER ALERT:  Read no further if you want to truly enjoy the the silliest
four minutes in the history of made-for-television movies, specifically
those minutes during which:

that thumb is cut off and tossed up four stories or so to a thumb-awaiting
Benjamin Bratt, who then has to grope his way to the thumb-dependent
fail-safe ATM machine.  It's a good thing that Bratt lost his eyesight (to a
broken steam pipe!) only after he had already caught the cut-off thumb.

Thanks for the memory!  I've saved that four minutes on a dvd, and I'll be
sure to watch it again soon.

--
Gary A. Ratner