The middle east and far east have for centuries treasured their poets and poetry in ways we seldom have in the west.

My sadness with the "game-show" presentation is, as I said, with its stark metaphor of capitalist climbing, the lack of humanity and soul----humanity and soul, which I had thought were the meat of poetry.