You see Dave, that's the problem - we have no Book Doctor here - it's a fuckin' postcode lottery & I blame unchipped immigrants, according to the local paper. Maybe I could bring the caravan over your way & get a consultation - how are the waiting lists? - maybe a defibrillator smacked against the squirming draft of "3 Variations on a Theme of My Swollen Loaf" which I've been struggling with here, with NO SUPPORT.
Luv, Peter
the marginally less happy poet...

Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:35:56 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The Happy Librarian
To: [log in to unmask]

Ah, Peter, I'm glad to hear from a Happy Poet. If you're ever not so, or your mind suddenly collapses and you don't know what to read next, come to this neck of the woods where you can visit:

The Book Doctor
http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council-services/education-lifelong-learning/leicesterlibraries-home-page/reading-events-promotions/bookdoctor/

(it's a shame they're also closing the Central Lending Library and jamming it and the Music Library in defiance of the laws of physics into the same space already occupied by the Reference Library but it will have a cafe added so there be lots of Happy Readers as well as Happy Librarians)

(they have one in Derby too: http://www.derby.gov.uk/LeisureCulture/Libraries/Book_Doctor.htm )

PS I understand that in Derby they plan to show videos of local performance poets on the big screen in the city centre - just the ticket for your shopping experience, eh? I wonder if that's happening elsewhere, who knows, hell could be closer than we think?)

best (distortedly grinning)

dave