I've done a similar sort of training/demo module in Bb myself - I didn't
have lots of nested folders, but I did want to make it very quick and easy
for people to get straight to the thing they want, so I've added a new
item on my course entry page with a 'contents table' in it, that has
direct links to the different items/folders.  That gets around the 'too
many clicks' to sub-folders issue.

Catherine