I am currently researching a team of black South African footballers who
toured Britain and France between September 1899 and January 1900 playing in
the region of 50 matches. This team was referred to as 'the Kaffirs' and
were from Orange Free State. If anyone has come across any references in
local newspapers I'd be interested to hear from them. I'm interested in
details of matches they played but also information such as where they
stayed, what they did apart from playing football, etc. They played in most
parts of Britain (there were matches in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland)
apart from East Anglia  and the West Country as far as I am aware.

Best wishes

Ian Nannestad
Soccer History Magazine
www.soccer-history.co.uk