Hi Lisa,

There seem to be a lot of services advertised on the internet.  I Searched
Google UK for "online texting sms" and it came up with this lot:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox&tbo=1&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&tbs=rltm%3A1&as_q=online+texting+sms&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=y&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=countryGB&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

A lot say that they are free, which sounds a bit dubious.  There was a a
warning on this free online sms site - about free sms sites and advertising:
http://www.onlinetextmessage.com/

Would composing the message on the computer and blutoothing it to the phone
be another possibility?

I came across this for Mac
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/email_messaging/bluetoothtexter.html

and there seem to be lots of ways to do it on a Windows PC:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=i40&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=bluetooth+sms+windows&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Best wishes,

Liz

--
I raise money for Communication Matters with Everyclick.com
Find out how you can help here: http://www.everyclick.com/lizpanton