Dear Kate,

I was making conversation once with a friend of my partner's mother in the pub. She asked me what I did and I told her I was training to be an archivist. Expecting her to not understand what that was, I was surprised and delighted when she nodded enthusiastically and said 'Oh yes, I know, Paulo Coelho wrote a book about that didn't he?', to which I had to reply, 'Um, actually I think that was called 'The Alchemist'?'...

Sarah