Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives

Following the integration of MLA London with MLA Council, Hopkins Van Mil will manage and further develop MLA London’s Training Programme.  Over the last few months we’ve been working closely with the MLA London team to ensure that we maintain the programme's recognised quality, affordability, and build on its needs-led approach.

To do this we've developed Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives with a social enterprise ethos.   Through it we have developed learning programmes to develop confidence and inspire the profession now and for the future.  It is endorsed by the MLA Council who recognise the importance of supporting affordable high quality skills development and training.

Access to a more detailed programme is available on our website www.creatingcapacity.org.  We will be able to take on-line bookings by the end of this week.  This is the programme up until the end of July.

Course Date

Course Title

18/05/2010

Delivering successful events

20/05/2010

Project management for cultural heritage professionals

24/05/2010

Networking for librarians

25/05/2010

Your best bet: Fundraising from individuals

27/05/2010

The one day business plan

08/06/2010

Beginner's guide to archives

11/06/2010

Community engagement: Partnerships

17/06/2010

Low cost marketing

18/06/2010

What’s that beastie? Introduction to IPM

22/06/2010

Copyright: Essentials

23/06/2010

Digital storytelling

30/06/2010

The foundations of finance

01/07/2010

Effective time management

06/07/2010

Creating an effective brand

13/07/2010

Monetising your assets in a digital world

15/07/2010

Project management for archives

19/07/2010

Engaging KS3 students in history

For more information please visit www.creatingcapacity.org, or contact Paddy or Lucy via email [log in to unmask] or telephone 07985 659425

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Paddy McNulty

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
www.creatingcapacity.org
E: [log in to unmask]

T: 07985 659 425