Hi Annie,

Here’s ours- still in draft and we have lots of changes to make after feedback from our student parents.

Jane

PS Glasgow have one on their website

From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annie Carroll
Sent: 16 April 2010 15:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Policies on Support for pregnant students/students with young children

Hi everyone,

We’re looking to tidy up some of our procedures for looking after students who are pregnant or students who have very young children (for example, students still breastfeeding…).  In the past we have always handled cases on an individual basis, but we’re looking to draw together a more coherent guide for good practice.

Does anyone have any policies/good practice guides in this area that they would be willing to share?

I’m happy to circulate documents (anonymised) if helpful.

Please reply off list.

Many thanks,

Annie

Annie Carroll

Student Equality and Diversity Adviser

University of Brighton, Student Services

The Manor House, Moulsecoomb Place, Brighton BN2 4GA

Tel 01273 642852

Fax 01273 642850

Student Services (Careers, Counselling, Student Advice and the Disability & Dyslexia Team) at the University of Brighton has achieved the Matrix Quality Standard for Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)