***With apologies for cross posting***

Logo HEA.JPG
hefcw-logo.gif

12 May 2010 - Improving Retention and Success: retaining students to and through higher education

12 Mai 2010 – Gwella Cyfraddau Cadw a Llwyddiant: cadw myfyrwyr mewn addysg uwch

Improving retention and success: retaining students to and through higher education.  A one-day conference jointly hosted by the Higher Education Academy and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales. The conference will be held on 12 May 2010 at The Metropole, Llandrindod Wells.

The Welsh Assembly Higher Education strategy For Our Future, the 21st Century Higher Education Strategy and Plan for Wales includes a commitment to a renewed approach to widening access to higher education including an expectation for HEFCW and stakeholders to deliver:

‘A renewed widening access strategy in 2010 to include stronger focus on helping those who access higher education to successfully complete their learning objectives.’

This conference will explore effective ways in which institutions can improve student retention and success throughout the student lifecycle.  It will include contributions from across the UK and examples of effective practice from the Welsh sector.

The conference will be of particular interest to staff working in the following areas of higher education: senior management and resource planning, admissions, equality and diversity, student services, marketing and recruitment, retention, research and widening access, though it will be of interest to all staff with responsibility for retaining successful students to and through higher education.

The conference is limited to 80 delegates and we anticipate that it will be over-subscribed.

For further details and booking, please see http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2010/jointevents/12_May_2010_Improving_Retention_and_success

Gwella cyfraddau cadw a llwyddiant: cadw myfyrwyr mewn addysg uwch.  Cynhadledd undydd a gynhelir ar y cyd gan yr Academi Addysg Uwch a Chyngor Cyllido Addysg Uwch Cymru.  Cynhelir y gynhadledd ar 12 Mai 2010 yn Y Metropole, Llandrindod.

Mae strategaeth Addysg Uwch Cynulliad Cymru, Er Mwyn Ein Dyfodol – Strategaeth a Chynllun Addysg Uwch ar gyfer Cymru yn yr Unfed Ganrif ar Hugain, yn cynnwys ymroddiad i ddull newydd o ehangu mynediad at addysg uwch, gan gynnwys disgwyliad i CCAUC a rhanddeiliaid ddarparu:

            ‘Strategaeth ehangu mynediad newydd yn 2010 i roi mwy o sylw i helpu pobl mewn addysg uwch i gwblhau eu hamcanion dysgu’n llwyddiannus.’

Bydd y gynhadledd hon yn archwilio dulliau effeithiol y gall sefydliadau eu defnyddio i wella cyfraddau cadw a llwyddiant myfyrwyr trwy gydol cylch oes y myfyriwr.  Bydd yn cynnwys cyfraniadau o bob rhan o’r DU ac enghreifftiau o arfer effeithiol o’r sector yng Nghymru.

Bydd y gynhadledd o ddiddordeb arbennig i staff sy’n gweithio yn y meysydd canlynol mewn addysg uwch: rheolaeth uwch a chynllunio adnoddau, derbyniadau, cydraddoldeb ac amrywiaeth, gwasanaethau i fyfyrwyr, marchnata a recriwtio, cadw, ymchwil ac ehangu mynediad, er y bydd o ddiddordeb i bob aelod staff sy’n gyfrifol am gadw myfyrwyr llwyddiannus mewn addysg uwch.

Mae’r gynhadledd wedi’i chyfyngu i 80 o gynrychiolwyr, a disgwyliwn y byddwn yn derbyn gormod o geisiadau.

Am fwy o fanylion ac i archebu lle, ewch i: http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/events/detail/2010/jointevents/12_May_2010_Improving_Retention_and_success

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131