Not to mention the high historic overlap between conspiracy theorists and
the occult communities, coming out of the interest in "hidden knowledge" and
secret histories" (secret histories inaccessible to real historical inquiry,
by the way - like the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and the "Priory of
Sion" stuff!)

A good book : Leon Surette "The Birth of Modenism : Ezra {Pound, T.S.Eliot,
W.B.Yeats and the Occult" (Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 1993).
A good look at secret histories, fascism, occultism and modernist arts, very
highly recommended.

My days of hard left conspiracy theories are long past, and I no longer
believe  the Kidney Lady, nor that "9-11 was an inside job" or any other
other such stuff.

Best

Sam Wagar