I would agree that intelligence and occult communities overlap both now and
historically (John Dee, Giordano Bruno, etc.) a case in point is a colleague
John Petersen who runs the Pentagon think tank the Arlington Institute.

http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org/

Along with their less occult work on researching global wild card events,
they've been preparing studies and papers on "2012" for some time now, as
well as creating a global dream depository for psychics to search for
premonitions, here's a report they released from such a study ahead of the
global financial meltdown:

http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org/files/Dream%20Report.pdf

Nothing gets passed these folks, not even a volcanic eruption that disrupts
global transportation in time for Mercury going into retrograde - just
kidding on that one, far as I know.

James