From: For anyone working in education with an interest in virtual worlds [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mitul Shukla [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 March 2010 16:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VIRTUALWORLDS] Viewer 2.0 beta

Hello everyone,

I have not posted to this list before so do let me know if I have done anything
incorrectly or not followed the correct protocol.

I just wanted to let you all know, if you weren't already aware, of the new
viewer that is available as a beta for SL.  The approach to the interface is far
more oriented towards a web browser and this may help reduce the learning
arc that is required from students/new users and as we all know is often a
barrier to entry.

There are many new components also integrated, which may or may not be a
good thing.  I'll let you download it and make up your own minds.  Although I
have just noticed new elements such as the official 'web on a prim' is not
backwards compatible.

Regards
Mitul Shukla aka mit charmann

Mitul Shukla
Institute for Research in Applicable Computing
University of Bedfordshire

Access the list, archives and filestore via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/VIRTUALWORLDS
Access the list, archives and filestore via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/VIRTUALWORLDS