From: Pau Tallada <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 17 March 2010 15:50
Subject: Re: CREAM SGE Query
To: Massimo Sgaravatto - INFN Padova <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Douglas McNab <[log in to unmask]>, Gonçalo Borges <
[log in to unmask]>, Dennis van Dok <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask],
Rodney Walker <[log in to unmask]>

2010/3/17 Massimo Sgaravatto - INFN Padova <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Douglas

> Let me add in CC Goncalo and Rodney (for SGE), Pau (for Condor) and Dennis
> (responsible for batch system integration).
>
> Concerning CREAM-SGE, it will be officially supported when these patches:
>
> http://savannah.cern.ch/patch/?3179
> https://savannah.cern.ch/patch/?3764
>
> are released.
> They have both already been certified and verified.
> This means that they will have to go through staged-rollout and then they
> will be released in production.
> (Un)fortunately this is not under our control.
> The latest news I have from Antonio Retico is that they will be ready for
> staged-rollout not before than 28/3 (and then it should take a couple of
> weeks before being released in production.
>
> As far as I understand Rod Walker has already perfomed some testing  with a
> CREAM CE with SGE deployed in his site
>
> Concerning Condor, condor-lsf-utils is missing in gLite 3.2. As far as I
> understand the PIC guys are finalizing it (I don't know if Pau can provide a
> rough estimation when this is supposed to be ready).

Hi all!
condor-lsf-utils? Do you mean org.glite.condor-utils? As for the latter, the
code is ready and tested. By the end of the week I expect to have the rpms
built and prepare a patch for SL5 in savannah.

> A couple of days ago I helped installing a CREAM CE at UCSD, where they use
> Condor as batch system.
> It worked, but because the glite-condor-utils is missing some manual steps
> (installation of some rpms, some manual configuration changes) were needed.
> I can provide the details if needed

What version of condor-utils did you use?

Cheers,

Pau.