> We haven't seen this problem with our SL4 WNs using 2.3.0 and our SL4 server running 2.3.6 (and SL5 WNs with 2.3.6).
>
> That's interesting as a few sites including Melbourne and another in UK have seen this issue.    We had to put it down to some race condition as even after running it in debug mode and reading the source we were still not able to debug it.  Therefore, it sounds like it might not effect all sites and be a function of site configuration/install.   Something for sites to be aware of.

We did have a similar problem when we first setup our new torque server and it was not using 2.3.6, but the the problem was with the SL5 WN - once we added more than a certain number to the server they started to fall over in a similar manner to what you describe (which we fixed by upping the server to the same version as them), I wonder if we've avoided this problem with the SL4 WNs as we have a lot less of them.

Derek