Dear SPMers,

I'm trying to use SPM8 "Realign and unwarp" to correct the EPI distortion, however, my fieldmap acquired from a Philips 3T scanner has two volumes - after I convert the Par/Rec file to img/hdr, it gives me two separate images, one looking like a normal T1, the other looking like a B0 but has the skull (see attached).  My EPIs all don't have the skull.  My question is, which one of these two should I use to unwarp?  If the B0, How can I strip the skull and/or use it for unwarping?  I have no experience in fieldmaps, so any comment/suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Wei Huang, PhD
Center for Comparative NeuroImaging (CCNI)
Department of Psychiatry
55 Lake Ave North
Worcester, MA 01604
Tel: (508) 856 8261