Dear SPMers,

I am working on an event related paradigm that has three events that always
follow each other in sequence, e.g. 1, 2, 3 but the lengths of events 1 and
3 vary in length depending on the trial (2 is fixed at 8 seconds).

I have been trying to come up with a way to plot the time courses of these
events but since 1 and 3 vary in their duration, I have not been creative
enough to think of a way to graphically represent this. Here is an example
of how the durations of these events might look for two different trails -
each number represents one second and the number corresponds to the event
type:

trial 1: 111111111,2222,33
trial 2: 11, 2222,333
trial 3: 11111,2222,3

The only one that seems reasonable to plot to me to plot the time course
(for a given ROI) is event type 2, because it is always four seconds long
but if anyone has any other ideas or examples in papers how people have
gotten around this problem I would welcome their input.

I suppose that I could do a separate time course for each type of event, but
that would mean having decreasing numbers of data points as the event gets
longer. I definitely cannot think of a way to keep these all in a single
plot however...

Many thanks,
Max

event 1 range = 2-9 seconds