Apologies for cross-posting

*********************

The Policy Press has just published a new book: Phoenix cities: The fall and
rise of great industrial cities, by Anne Power, Jörg Plöger and Astrid
Winkler. I am sure that it will be of interest to members of this list.

"As we embark on a new era of urbanism, based on resilience, equity and
sustainability, there's so much to learn from these 'boom, bust and recover'
case studies. A hugely insightful piece of work."

Jonathon Porritt, Founder Director, Forum for the Future

"It is vital that urban policy makers learn the right lessons from past
failures - and past successes. This new book is a rich source for anyone who
cares about the future of cities."

Howard Davies, Director, London School of Economics and Political Science

This book explores economic, social and environmental transformations in
Europe and the USA to inform the regeneration of 'weak market cities' and
provide much that is original to those wanting to understand the
ground-level realities of urban change and progress.

For more information please see:
http://www.policypress.co.uk/display.asp?K=9781847426833

It is currently available on our website with a 25% discount.

Policy Press books can be ordered from our website
(http://www.policypress.co.uk) or from our distributor:

Marston Book Services

PO Box 269

Abingdon

Oxon

OX14 4YN

Te: +44 (0)1235 465500

Email: [log in to unmask]

With best wishes,

Claire

Claire Sollars, Marketing Executive

The Policy Press, Fourth Floor, Beacon House, Queen's Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU

t: +44 (0)117 331 4054

f: +44 (0)117 331 4093

w:  <http://www.policypress.co.uk> www.policypress.co.uk

Follow us on  <http://twitter.com/policypress> Twitter and
<http://policypress.wordpress.com/> visit our blog

PS. Please consider the environment before printing this email