LIRG is looking for one new Committee member. We are especially interested
in practitioners with public library experience. Specific skills we are
interested in are marketing expertise, and the ability to develop a web
2.0 presence for LIRG.

Serving on the Committee involves attending up to three meetings per year
and contributing through those meetings (and possibly through other linked
events like seminars) to the work of LIRG. LIRG exists to both encourage
the growth of applied research within the LIS domain and to encourage
practitioners to use that research. To be a Committee member of LIRG you
do not need to be an active researcher but you do need to be interested in
using research in your work, and in encouraging practitioners to use
research.

To apply for a post, please submit a short CV/resume to the LIRG Secretary
(see below for contact details). We will decide on applications at the
next Committee meeting. If you want to discuss your application or have
questions please contact the LIRG Secretary.

You must be a member of CILIP before applying.

Alan Poulter - LIRG Secretary
Dept of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Strathclyde
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.cis.strath.ac.uk/cis/staff/index.php?uid=ap
tel: 0141 548 3911

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC015263