Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on tools for managing data in the research
environment for the sciences (biology, chemistry, physiology, physics,
etc.). Ideally this would be a tool or toolset that facilitates saving and
organizing data as it is collected/generated, with the provision for some
minimal set of metadata, but well before the data set is moved to an
institutional repository (IR). Most of the resources I've been able to
locate are focused on IR applications, which are not optimized to the
application I need.

If you are aware of any projects that might fall into this category, or if
you want more details, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian
--
Brian Westra  |  Lorry I. Lokey Science Data Services Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries