*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING ***

1. Final AC+erm Colloquium - Witness Seminar

Last Thursday (5th March), we held the last in our series of project
colloquia as a Witness Seminar called Transforming Information & Records
Management through Research & Development
<http://acerm-colloquium.eventbrite.com/> . A group of 50 delegates and
witnesses discussed and debated the links and synergies, actual and
desired, between research and practice in the field of Records and
Information Management.

The event was structured around three sessions - two seminars led by
panels of expert 'witnesses', and a forum for general discussion.
Witnesses for the first seminar panel were drawn from the academic
world, and for the second, from the practitioner world; each panel was
introduced by chairs from the 'opposite' arena. After the witnesses
delivered their statements in each seminar, the discussion was opened to
delegates. The final session was devoted purely to discussion and
thought about future directions of research in recordkeeping.

The constitution of the panels was as follows:

Seminar 1 - The transforming capacity of research & development:
Academic perspectives

Chair: Adrian Cunningham

Witnesses: Steve Bailey; Sue Childs; Elizabeth Lomas; Dr Alison Pickard

Seminar 2 - The transforming capacity of research & development:
Practitioner perspectives

Chair: Catherine Hare

Witnesses: Dr David Bowen; Chris Campbell; Maria Luisa Di Biagio; Paul
Dodgson; John McDonald; Andrew Snowden

Discussion

Chair - Prof Michael Moss

We are in the process of preparing the formal proceedings of the
colloquium for publication; in the meanwhile, we have now posted the
speaker biographies and Witness Statements to our website. Access to the
document is via the following link:

http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/ceispdf/statements.pdf

The audio files of the chairs' and witnesses' speeches will shortly be
added to the website, and we are also in the process of producing
transcripts of the discussions, which will be included in the published
proceedings.

2. Vignettes

We have also put up the final versions of the various vignettes
developed in the course of the project on our website:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/ceis/re/isrc/themes/rmarea/erm/
diss/vig_diss/

The purpose of the vignettes is not only to provide ready-made tools for
use (though many of them can be treated in this manner), but also to
suggest models or templates for building tools whose content can be
tailored to suit a given context.

The vignettes are of seven types: fridge magnets; phenomenological
analyses; rich pictures; Snakes and Ladders game; narrative story;
videos; mind maps; and word clouds. More detailed explanations of the
tools, along with suggestions for use, are included in the documents on
the website.

Rachel Hardiman, BA (Hons), MSc

On behalf of the AC+erm Project Team

School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences

Northumbria University

Room 247

Pandon Building

Camden Street

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE2 1XE

Tel: 0191 243 7650

e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

AC+erm Project website: www.northumbria.ac.uk/acerm

AC+erm Project blog: http://www.acerm.blogspot.com/
<http://www.acerm.blogspot.com/>

AC+erm Project on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Northumbria_RM