  -----Original Message-----
  From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mico Tatalovic
  Sent: 16 March 2010 21:26
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Science media awards?

  > To be fair to the Guardian Student Media Awards, Imperial's science
magazine
  > 'I, Science' has done fairly well in it. They've finished runner-up in
the
  > Best Student Magazine category twice in the last five years. Pretty good
  > going for a 'niche' science magazine.

  At the same time the Guardian Student Media Awards never had a 'best
science writer' category, which seems a shame, especially when you're an
aspiring student science journalist...

  But then again, there seems to be little support for, or interest in
student science journalism by the professional science writing community in
the UK. Students are generally left to battle it out for themselves.. the
survival of the fittest indeed.

  Mico Tatalovic, BA (Oxon), MPhil (Cantab), MSc & DIC (Imperial)

Security - www.websense.com

  > 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
  > send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following
message:

  > set psci-com nomail -- [include hyphens]
  >
  > 2. To resume email from the list, send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the message:

  > set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]
  >
  > 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:

  > leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]
  >
  > 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including
list archive, can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

  > 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication
and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk

  > 6. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]

suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email
to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

  2. To resume email from the list, send an email to [log in to unmask]