Haiku Challenge

Hi everyone,

As you know, it's National Science and Engineering Week in seven days time...yey!

We're always talking about outreach and expanding our audiences, but I wanted to do a bit of "inreach" for the Week.   Many of you will be planning events and activities but there may be some of you out there in psci-com land who feel a little bit left out - and I don't want that.

To get everyone involved and in the mood, I'm throwing down the gauntlet to create the best National Science and Engineering Week haiku - this could be about the week as a whole, one of the projects, your own event or anything around the general topic.   All entries should be sent to [log in to unmask] and the deadline for entries is the first day of NSEW (next Friday 12th March) at 5pm.  The winner will get a NSEW t-shirt and the glory of being master haiku creator.

For those who don't know:  A haiku is a non-rhymed verse genre. There are 5 syllables in the first sentence, 7 in the second and 5 again in the last sentence

Visit www.nsew.org.uk for inspiration.

My (admittedly feeble) contribution is:

        Big Bangs and Small Bugs
        Hands on fun in the UK
        I love Science Week!

(with apologies to the engineers - but they do have a 3 syllable long name)

Enjoy!

All the best, Joanna

National Science and Engineering Week (12-21 March) is almost here, bringing you ten days of inspiring activities, debates and discoveries.

This year the theme is ‘Earth’, to complement the International Year of Biodiversity, and includes everything from the Earth's amazing wildlife and people to its place in the Universe and how it works.  Get ready for our "What on Earth" project and find out what events are happening near you at www.nsew.org.uk

Joanna Rooke
Manager of Regional Programmes
British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4953
F: +44 (0)870 770 7102

Website: www.britishscienceassociation.org

Follow us on Twitter on @ScienceWeekUK and @ScienceWeekGirl

British Science Association is the operating name and registered trademark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science

Registered charity no: 212479 and SCO39236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)