From: Chris de Beer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:38
Subject: Design as Research

Dear All
In the area of Jewellery Design and Manufacture there seems to be a strong
orrelation between the steps that the design and manufacture process follows
nd that of the action research process (plan/act/observe/reflect). However, in
he design process, as my students are executing it at the moment, the
articipatory element (from an AR point of view) is missing.
Is there a  more appropriate methodology/process that I can investigate that
ould lead to more 'depth' and will guide my students towards being more
mmersed in their design work without it becoming an exercise in narcissism?
Regards
hris