Congratulations Jack - its great to know that the involvement is broadening....
Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Whitehead <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 9:27
Subject: Education and Learning Virtual Networking Stream for ALARA's 8th World Congress

Susan Goff, the President of ALARA (Action Learning Action Research
Association), and
Jacques Bolet, the Vice-President - International of ALARA, have written to say
that:

"Following our letter of invitation dated 8th February, and our subsequent
discussions with
you, we are writing to formally confirm your role as Education and Learning
Stream
Coordinating Chair for ALARA’s Eighth World Congress, taking place in Melbourne,

Australia, September 6-9, 2010.

We are delighted that you have agreed to take on this significant role in
facilitating a
global dialogue to explore the foundations, current applications and future
hybridisations
of Action Research and Action Learning in the field of Education across all life
stages and
sectors, on a world stage."

I'm starting the dialogue today, the 1st March 2010, with this posting of a new
thread on
'Education and Learning Virtual Networking Stream for ALARA's 8th World
Congress'. You
can see the details in the What's New section of http://www.actionresearch.net .

What I'm hoping is that you will all help me in the facilitation of this global
dialogue as we
share our accounts of our educational learning from our local contexts. To start
the
process I'm hoping that you will encourage as many people as you can to join our

conversation and share our accounts. If everyone will access the details of the
World
Congress in the What's New section of http://www.actionresearch.net and send
this url to
friends, colleagues and students, urging them to participate, this would be a
great first
step. Swaroop - it would be good if you could send such a note to your contacts
in India,
Jekan in Japan, Moira in China, Pip in New Zealand, Joan in South Africa,
Jacqueline in
Canada, Branko in Croatia, Margaret in the Republic of Ireland, Anat in Israel,
Jean in
Qatar, Geisha in South America and Samih and others in the Middle East together
with
researchers in any other countries you have connections with.

Love Jack.