Bob, I still think judged is the wrong word for what you are talking
about but I won't push it. I can be extremely critical of poems, for
example, and slam them in print - but this particular area of
criticism is, I know, fraught with problems of discourse, ideology,
polemics and the competing voices of intellectual and instinctive
response. Also, I have no real power or context which would make my
'opinion' matter much. And I don't agree with you that we go through
life 'judging' everything - though I still think this is because of
the way you are using the word. For me an opinion is not necessarily a
judgement..... something like that.

All best
Tim A.