By subject is meant object, of course.

At 02:00 PM 3/16/2010, you wrote:
>Hang Douglas we are not citizens here in the ole Albion we are
>subjects!!(subjected to poetry hahaha)
>Says Patrick waking up from doze

Announcing The Whole Island: Six Decades of Cuban Poetry (University
of California Press).
http://go.ucpress.edu/WholeIsland

"Not since the 1982 publication of Paul Auster's Random House Book of
Twentieth Century French Poetry has a bilingual anthology so
effectively broadened the sense of poetic terrain outside the United
States and also created a superb collection of foreign poems in
English. There is nothing else like it."   John Palattella in The
Nation