Hi Bev,

Not sure what our recruitment policy is, but our absence policy initiates a review by management  if an employee hits three episodes of absence in a six month period. The Santander policy, as you say, seems generous (but whose to say it doesn't change once you commence employment?).

Regards,

Andy.

Bev Griggs <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]

24/03/2010 21:49
Please respond to
Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
[OCC-HEALTH] Recruitment Policy

I was very interested in the following in message which appeared on the jobs at Santander website ( my sister works for them).

"Sickness Absence

What we believe

Its our policy not to recruit people who have an unacceptable level of repeat, short term sickness absence where there's no underlying medical condition and they're not classed as disabled under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).

Our current benchmark for short- term absence is twice an applicants normal working week OR three separate periods of absence in a rolling 12-month period. Normally we won’t recruit anyone if they’ve met or exceeded this."

It seems like quite a low benchmark.....Has anyone came across anything like this before?

********************************

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of the John Lewis Partnership.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this message.
(Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses). Email to and from the
John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.

John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
http://www.greenbee.com
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk