Hi Kate,

Not sure that I could volunteer as a full time mentor at the moment (still have a Vicky to look after and a potential designation development fund funded post to curate beetles for a year has got to the second stage), but would be very happy to show the trainees round this museum at any time.

regards

Don :)

From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew, Kate
Sent: 08 March 2010 16:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mentors needed for Skills for the future bid

Dear Natsca Members

I’m about to submit a bid to HLF that will hopefully result in four or five natural history and geology trainee internships each running for 12 months starting in October 2010, with two trainees one year and three the next.  Each of the trainees will need a mentor able to visit them 5 times during the year and to provide phone/ e-mail support – in total 10 days of trainee support, a days pre-start training wih an introduction to mentoring, a day mid cycle to review progress and a final evaluation meeting.  So a maximum of 13 days of work over a year of which 7 or 8 would be out of your office base.  This is a fantastic professional development opportunity for mentors to pass on natural science skills and knowledge, to get to know another museum setting, to ensure our profession has a future and to develop personally as a mentor, but for which you won’t get paid, however, the bid will cover travel expenses to get to meetings and visit the trainee and the cost of the training.

Trainees are likely to be based in Leeds, the North West region and Hereford and I  need a mentor for each trainee (ie 5 individuals) – I’m looking for expressions of interest at this stage.  Please could you e-mail me direct [log in to unmask] rather than responding to the JISC mail as everyone will see you reply if you do that.

Kate

Katherine Andrew
Principal Heritage Officer
Herefordshire Heritage Services

Museum Resource & Learning Centre
58, Friar Street
Hereford
HR4 0AS

phone 01432 383590
fax 01432 260161

Courier code H16A

web site www.herefordshire.gov.uk/museums

Check out www.herefordshire.gov.uk/brianhatton for a fantastic new learnign resource on this local artist

Herefordshire Council's Cultural Service providing opportunities in Arts, Museums and Heritage, Libraries and Sports Development to residents and visitors.

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Herefordshire Council.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. This communication may contain material protected by law from being passed on. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of it.

Any opinion expressed in this e-mail or any attached files are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Herefordshire Council.
You should be aware that Herefordshire Council monitors its email service.
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. This communication may contain material protected by law from being passed on. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of it.

Visit the Staffordshire Hoard - the largest ever find of Anglo-Saxon gold - at The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, 13th February - 7th March 2010.

www.staffordshirehoard.org.uk

Our vision is to provide Excellent Services, Valued by Customers, if you think we have given you a good service, please click here to find out about our awards: www.stoke.gov.uk/wowawards

This message and any attachment are intended for the sole use of the person named in the address and it may contain privileged or confidential information or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.

The views and opinions given may not reflect those of the City Council. Unless this message states it, nothing in its contents should be taken as an offer or acceptance, forming any contractual obligations.

We accept no liability for any damages, loss or costs resulting from any reliance placed on the contents of this message.

All email traffic, whether sent via public networks or private, including GCSX, is subject to appropriate recording and monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. We monitor and store email messages and in some cases we are required by law to disclose details of them.

Although we have taken every reasonable measure to make sure that this e-mail, including any attachments, are free from viruses; we give no warranty that this e-mail or any attachment is virus free and we recommend that you scan any attachments for viruses before opening.