PhD- und Post-Doctoral positions in Physical Chemistry at the Technische
Universität München

Selective cluster catalysis:
Laser spectroscopy of  chiral molecules and metal clusters

In the frame of a major EU project our group will study isomer- and
enantiomer-selective nanocatalysis. We will follow new paths to reach this
goal by combining different fields of research in physics and physical
chemistry. These involve production of metal clusters by supersonic beams
and laser desorption, mass separation by ion-optical devices, high-resolution
gas phase laser spectroscopy, surface physics and photochemistry. Gas phase
laser spectroscopy will be used to recognize and photochemically tune metal
clusters and their complexes with isomeric and chiral molecules. Furthermore,
it serves as a means to characterise the product molecules of nanocatalytic
processes taking part on size-selected and surface-deposited metal clusters.
For this project, several positions for PhD-students and post-doctoral fellows
are available in the group of Prof. Ulrich Heiz. A wide experimental
infrastructure is available, involving a large variety of spectroscopic and mass
spectrometric methods, wavelength-tunable lasers and modern surface
analysis techniques. Our research group is known for its experience in surface
science as well as high-resolution laser spectroscopy. Your tasks will be to
design, construct and perform experiments within this european project. We
offer an interesting and interdiscipinary field of work, cooperative team work,
and the attractive and stimulating scientific environment of the Technische
Universität München. The project is integrated in  european and international
networks. Please find further information in http://www.phys.chemie.tu-
muenchen.de/ or contact Prof. Dr. Ulrich Boesl-v.G.: ++49 (0)89 289 13397;

Precondition is a master- or diploma degree of chemistry, physics or equivalent
field or PhD in laser spectroscopy and/or surface analysis, respectively. The
positions are available from now on. Please send your application with
curriculum vitae, list of publications and credentials till 15th of april 2010 to
Prof. Ulrich Boesl - v. Grafenstein, Technische Universität München,
Department Chemie, Physikalsiche Chemie, 85747 Garching; office-
[log in to unmask], +49-89-289-13391.

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html