We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this email.
Please kindly forward this email to whom may be interested.

Dear Colleagues:

I am Alex Wang and am co-organizing a symposium on orbital-free density
functional theory (OF-DFT) at the 2010 International Chemical Congress
of Pacific Basin Societies (Pacifichem 2010), which will be held on
Dec. 19 (whole day) and Dec. 20 (morning), 2010 at Honolulu, Hawaii,
USA (http://www.pacifichem.org).

With some remarkable recent developments in OF-DFT and large-scale
simulations in complex systems, we want to use Pacifichem 2010 as a
platform to bring together mathematicians, functional designers,
methodology developers, and method practitioners to discuss and
position OF-DFT as a major tool in simulating complex systems of
thousands of atoms within a diverse chemical bonding environment.

It is our great pleasure to invite you to submit abstracts of posters
and contributed talks on the cutting-edge scientific advances made in
your research group in any of the following areas:

   1) Orbital-free density functional theory.
   2) Anything related to kinetic-energy density functional: its
      functional design, functional properties, and its usage in
      orbital-free DFT and embedding/multiscale method.
   3) High-quality transferrable local pseudopotentials.
   4) Methodology, mathematical aspects, and challenges of large-scale
      simulations in complex systems.

The Pacifichem 2010 website is already open for abstract submission
(http://www.pacifichem.org/abstracts). Please submit your abstract
before the April 5 deadline (only two weeks away). In the Technical
Symposia listing (http://www.pacifichem.org/symposia/#5), our OF-DFT
Symposium (http://www.pacifichem.org/symposia/c_symp_258.htm) is in
  * Area 5 - Physical, Theoretical & Computational
under the title
  * Orbital-Free Density Functional Theory and Its Applications to
    Large-Scale Materials Simulations (#258)

We sincerely hope that you will join us for a scientific discourse
at the OF-DFT Symposium during Pacifichem 2010 in December.

With best wishes,

Alex Wang

on behalf of the OF-DFT Symposium Organizers:
Yan Alexander Wang (UBC, Canada)
Carlos J. Garcia-Cervera (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
Tomasz A. Wesolowski (Geneva, Switzerland)
Julian D. Gale (Curtin, Australia)

http://www.chem.ubc.ca/faculty/wang/PacChem_flyer.pdf
http://www.pacifichem.org/symposia/c_symp_258.htm

Yan Alexander Wang                          Office Rm#: Chemistry D334
Associate Professor                         Office Tel: (604) 822-6773
Department of Chemistry                     Cell Phone: (604) 816-6773
University of British Columbia              Lab(s) Rm#: Chemistry D319
2036 Main Mall, Chemistry Building          Lab(s) Tel: (604) 822-6549
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, Canada               Office Fax: (604) 822-2847
http://www.chem.ubc.ca/faculty/wang         E-mail: [log in to unmask]

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html