Fellow Listers
I have just received a copy of a book from Mike Moore which contains a most interesting drawing of a Cornish Horse-Whim c/w details.
This is to my knowledge the first time I've come across a Cornish drawing with parts named, even the type of timber used is mentioned as well, though the horse hitch seems a little strange to me. Age of drawing is I think about 1840's.
The book is:-
MINES AND MINERS OF CORNWALL, Vol. V Hayle, Gwinear & Gwithian, by A.K.Hamilton Jenkin, adjacent to page 40.
Hope the above is of interest.
Take Care
Roger B Bradford, of Elizabeth South Australia