Hi Mandie. I have pasted 3studies below which I used in an article published
recently (Banks M. The obstetric bed: resistance in action. Birthspirit
Midwifery Journal 2009;4:43-46).

 Hodnett ED, Stremler R, Weston JA, McKeever P. Reconceptualizing the
hospital labour room: the PLACE (Pregnant and Labouring in an Ambient
Clinical Environment) pilot trial. Birth 2009;36(2):159-166.

Coppen R. Birthing positions: do midwives know best? Quay Books: London,
2005.

 de Jonge A, Teunissen DAM, van Diem MT, Scheepers PLH, Lagro-Janssen ALM.
Women’s positions during the second stage of labour: views of primary care
midwives. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2008;63(4):347-356.

kind regards
Maggie Banks

Check out
<http://www.birthspirit.co.nz/BirthspiritMidwiferyJournal/Issue5.php>
Birthspirit Midwifery Journal

<http://www.birthspirit.co.nz/Education/Seminars/RearingToGoBreechWorkshop10
11.php> Rearing To Go! A Breech Birth Workshop in Napier, Palmerston North,
Auckland, Cambridge, Lower Hutt and Paraparaumu

<http://www.birthspirit.co.nz/Education/Intensives/Mind%20Body%20&%20Spirit%
202010.php> Birthspirit’s Mind, Body and Spirit Workshop 23-29 January 2011

<http://www.birthspirit.co.nz/Education/Intensives/MidwiferySkillsForEmergen
cies2009.php> Midwifery Skills for Emergencies Intensives

15  Te Awa Road, RD 3, Hamilton, New Zealand 3283
Ph  64 7 8564612
Fax 64 7 8563070
 <http://www.birthspirit.co.nz/> www.birthspirit.co.nz

  _____