Hello everyone

The Second Life Education New Zealand group has just released the evaluation
report that looks at the virtual birthing unit project and normal birth
scenario:

http://slenz.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/slenz-project-evaluation-vlenz-165-mar-10-2010/

For those of you who have not heard of this project, midwifery educators at
Otago Polytechnic, Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology and the
University of Technology Sydney have developed a birth unit and role play
resource in Second Life designed for the education of midwifery students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-KL-lCesE

This teaching resource has been developed under a Creative Commons
Attribution license which means that anyone is free to take the material and
use it for their own purposes and even re-mash it:

http://wikieducator.org/The_virtual_birthing_unit_project

The location of the birth unit in Second Life is here:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kowhai/82/213/35/

I am looking to work with midwifery educators who would like to use this
resource with their students so that we can look at how this resource
impacts on learning outcomes. Please feel free to get in touch if you'd like
more information.

Sarah
--
Sarah Stewart