I've heard that the Venetian State Archive was trying out a system whereby you could photograph documents for yourself by booking a room a few days in advance and putting documents on reserve.  Has anyone had experience of using this system, and do you know if it's continuing?  I'm going to be in Venice for a few days (for the RSA conference and a couple of extra days) and I'm hoping to photograph some documents, but the timing is tight and I can't afford any glitches.  So if anyone has any tips on how to go about it and what could go wrong I'd be grateful (eg. can you use flash/do you need a tripod, how far in advance do you have to order the docs and book the room).

Laura

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]