From: Cormack, Margaret Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [M-R] vengeful saints
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 1:50 PM

Greetings,
Can any hagiographers on the list give me an example or two of saints who (at least according to their vitae!) actively
protect their churches, monasteries, or dioceses? I want something a bit more local than the Virgin Mary's tunic (?) protecting
Byzantium - preferably major disaster to someone who dared to steal the saintīs property, however defined (with precise references, please!)
Meg