Apologies for absence as I¹ll be in Vancouver.  Best wishes, Robin

On 29/03/2010 13:22, "Messenger Davies Maire"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear colleagues - a reminder of our 'pre-election' policy meeting, as
> discussed at the Conference in January:
>

> MECCSA POLICY NETWORK
>
> OPEN MEETING:  FRIDAY 16TH APRIL, 1.30 PM
>
> ROOM AG O3, COLLEGE BUILDING,
> CITY UNIVERSITY,
> ST JOHN'S SQUARE, LONDON, EC1
> 16TH APRIL
>
> THE TOPIC WILL BE:
>
> ŒMEDIA POLICY AND THE NEXT GOVERNMENT¹
>
> GUEST SPEAKER: MAGGIE BROWN, MEDIA CORRESPONDENT, THE GUARDIAN
>
> CHAIR: PROF. STEVE BARNETT, UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER
>
>  Maggie will discuss some of the media policy issues facing the next
> government and will open a further discussion on what academic research might
> contribute to these issues.
>
> ALL WELCOME; REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED
>
> PLEASE CAN YOU LET US KNOW WHETHER YOU ARE COMING TO THIS MEETING SO
> REFRESHMENTS CAN BE ORGANISED
>
> ALSO WHETHER YOU HAVE FURTHER ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA
>
> Máire MD
>
> Professor Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA
> Director, Centre for Media Research,
> School of Media, Film and Journalism
> University of Ulster
> Cromore Rd, Coleraine BT52 1SA
> Telephone: +44(0)28324069
> www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html
> http://www.openup.co.uk/children_media
>
> ------------------------------------------------- MeCCSA Policy mailing list
> W: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/meccsa-policy.html
>
> Please visit this page to browse list's archives, or to join or leave the
> list.

Robin Mansell, Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Media and
Communications
Professor of New Media and the Internet
London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London,
WC2A 2AE
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse
Past President, IAMCR (International Association for Media and Communication
Research),www.iamcr.org
New
The Information Society (Critical Concepts in Sociology), April 2009
R. Mansell (ed) Routledge
Four Volumes of republished papers with Volume introductions by the editor,
1,984 pages,
http://www.routledge.com/books/The-Information-Society-isbn9780415443081
See
The Oxford Handbook of Information and Communication Technologies, 2007, pbk
2009
R. Mansell, C. Avgerou, D. Quah, R. Silverstone (eds) Oxford University
Press
dx.doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199548798.001.0001

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm