Stories from the Web, the reader development site for children and young people managed by Birmingham Library and Archive Services, has been offering web 2.0 type opportunities around reading and creative writing for 10 years. The site currently operates on a subscription model as part of the MLA Reference Online offer for public library services in the UK and Ireland. Amongst many other activities children and young people can read extracts, write reviews, write their own stories/poems etc and comment on the writing of other young people. All this takes place within a safe, fully moderated environment.

A number of activities on the site have been free up until now but from the first April all content will be locked and available to subscribing authorities only. At the same time we will launch a personal subscription for families living in authorities who do not currently subscribe.

Debbie Mynott
Manager, Stories from the Web
Birmingham Library

T: 0121 464 2894
E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.storiesfromtheweb.org
A: Floor 3
   Birmingham Central Library
   Chamberlain Square
   Birmingham
   B3 3HQ

I am currently reading The Children's Book by A S Byatt - and loving it!!

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately, or telephone +(44)(0)121 464 4444. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.