Dear all,

We’re glad to say that bookings for the CILIP YH members day on 7th April are now open, jointly organised by your CILIP branch and your local CDG group.

It’s at a great venue in York (NSLC) and the line-up includes Biddy Fisher (CILIP President), Maria Cotera (CDG president) with keynotes. Optional sessions include Maria Cotera on “developing our professional network”; Ned Potter and Laura Woods on “Marketing the Information Profession: Escaping the Echo-Chamber”; Sue White on using a competency framework to deal with “how” we do things not just “what” we do; and Andrew Walsh on active learning techniques for Information Literacy Instruction.

The day will also include the AGMs for both the CILIP YH branch and the CDG for Yorkshire & Humberside.

To book, please email your details (as outlined below) to [log in to unmask] – the event will cost £50+VAT to attend, though free for current students and the unwaged. You can also attend just the AGMs at no cost.

Details required:

Name
Address
Work Title and Location
Special dietary requirements

Closing Date for registrations: 31/3/10

*apologies for cross postings and those of you unlucky enough to live and work far outside Yorkshire*

Andrew Walsh
CILIP YH Treasurer

---